So for those of you just starting out your soccer journey, I thought I’d post some basic soccer rules. Nothing too complicated, just basics.
- The game is 90 minutes, split into two 45 minute halves.
- Players can only use their feet, head, or chest to touch the ball. Only the goalie is allowed to use his hands, and only within the goal area.
- If the ball touches or crosses the side line, it is thrown back in by the team who didn’t touch it last.
- The object of the game is to score a goal by getting the ball into the opponent’s net. The team with the most goals at the end wins.
- A yellow card is issued as a warning, a red card is a send-off from the game. Two yellow cards in the same game are the same as a red one.
Those are the basic rules needed in order to watch soccer and not be completely lost.
Wikipedia is also a fountain of information, for those who wish to dig a little deeper and be a little more informed. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_football
Hope that helps a little!!